Lately I've been reading articles on what someone should do before entering 30/40, traveling alone, and the most intricate articles on love.Well, for me 30 came by and it came fast. It took me a while to appreciate and accept my accomplishments. I hardly ever talk about myself and lack confidence in things I know I do well, sharing these thoughts are a challenge for me.
30...ask me 10 years ago where I'd be today and my answer would not reflect the life I live now. I was on the path to marriage, working on my undergrad, and kids were going to fit in there somewhere.
Life has a funny way of messing up any plans we make. Its best to just, wing it. Learn how to be flexible with it. It's always a challenge learning how to let go and not be in control, regardless of how tough it is, life is constantly changing and we must try to keep up; whether we like it or not.
Honestly, 10 yrs. ago I had no idea who I was, but I knew I was going somewhere. I didn't know myself, I didn't get to know this person until about 23. By this time I let go of my greatest love thus far, and all the plans we set for our happily ever after, but ironically enough, I wasn't happy. Funny isn't it? Sometimes it seems like my greatest, yet saddest love story. That chapter taught me the meaning of real unconditional love, the trials, joy, heartbreak, butterflies, showed me the beauty of someone looking at me as if I were magic, but most importantly it taught me forgiveness. Oh 23... that was a big year! It was the beginning of adventure. I now had a relationship with God, a strong spiritual life, reaching new heights, the start of my traveling adventures! I was becoming my version of superwoman! Throughout the years leading to my age now, I faced very low low's, let love in again, had my heart shattered, flew across the world, spiritually sat in dry places, and rebuilt my faith from doubts and insecurities. Resilient and courageous at heart.
Now as I stare at my gray's, I remember they're a sign of wisdom from God. Wisdom has taught me not everything is rainbows and butterflies. The greatest storms sometimes bring the best growth and joy. The struggle with loneliness makes me appreciate the moments I spend in good company. The saddest days are meant to cling unto God a little tighter. Never lose hope or faith, if that is lost then why are we chosen to be given breathe each waking day? The toughest of days help to persevere and be build resilience.
Regardless of how many articles I read, no one can teach me how to love, for no love is ever the same. It will always take courage to love and be open time and time again, whether its intimately or in a friendship. Love involves risk, be willing to compromise. Never hold a grudge, talk about it. Try to keep expectations at a minimum, It'll bring less disappoints and grant unimaginable surprises! Adventure will be found if an open heart and mind are kept. Never cease in learning. Be free, break some rules, and always love again. It all works out in the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment